At Dive Right In Scuba
About VA Programs
Dive Right In Scuba is proud to assist our Nation's Veterans wishing to get involved in SCUBA diving. After all, we were founded by a Vietnam Veteran, and continue to be a leader in the field of Veteran employment in the State of Illinois.
We offer entry level training through the PADI Instructor program and we're happy to say we are also approved for VA benefits! Veterans from all over the United States come to Dive Right In Scuba for their dive training needs. Whether its learning to dive, becoming an Instructor, or anything in between, we got your six!
Did we mention our programs are approved for ACE College recommendations as well as approved by the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs for use of the G.I. Bill, for Veterans and beneficiaries? That’s right, you can use your G.I. Bill to start a new career in SCUBA. Being one of 40 PADI CTC Centers in the World, we can help you find the perfect job, in any location.
How Do I Use My Benefits?
- Reach out below, so we can get some pertinent information about you, your diving goals, and to connect with the VA to see your available benefits.
- In 3-5 business days, the VA will update us with your benefit status, and we will call you to customize your dive future.
- We start your program, and get you on your way to becoming a Scuba Diving Instructor!
- When you're done, you can continue to work with us or any other dive shop. We can also help with placement in tropical locations that you want to start your career in.
What do benefits cover?
- Your benefits can pay your tuition, registration fees and all educational tools necessary for a veteran’s academic success.
Is lodging available?
- Dive Right In Scuba does not have on site housing. However, we do have arrangements with several local establishments. All Veterans taking advantage of their Post 9/11 G.I. Bill ® (Ch. 33) are entitled to a monthly housing allowance while participating in our programs.
Veterans & Vocational Program
Our programs are approved for ACE College recommendations as well as approved by the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs for use of the G.I. Bill, for Veterans and beneficiaries .
PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) Tuition and Fees Cost: $4,800.00 (includes materials)
PADI Career Development Course (CDC) Tuition and Fees Cost: $15,100.00 (includes materials)
Dive Right In Scuba is approved to operate by the Private Business and Vocational Schools Division of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) - www.ibhe.org
IBHE Online Complaint System - www.complaints.ibhe.org
Dive Right In Scuba is not accredited by a US Department of Education recognized accredited body.
As seen on
Veterans become scuba instructors with GI Bill benefits
Orland Park, Ill. (WLS) -- Veterans who love the water are choosing scuba diving as a career path once they leave the military, helping them heal, find a way forward, and enjoy the water at the same time.
"There is just something about the water," said Chris Lowe, a master instructor and Army veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
"Everything else just kind of goes away," he said. "You get concentrated and focused on what you're doing, and it's just an enjoyable experience."Read More