As with the Divemaster course, Dive Right In Scuba offers the Assistant Instructor Program for both SDI and PADI. Please call or stop in to plan a path for your success.
The SDI Assistant instructor course is designed for you to gain practical teaching experience with an active SDI Instructor or Instructor Trainer. You will help an Instructor teach an Open Water Scuba Diver course, Advanced Diver Course, and Rescue Diver Course. Your SDI Instructor will also teach you to
- Prepare lesson plans
- Give academic presentations
- General dive management techniques.
Upon completion of the course you may teach and certify Skin Divers, conduct the Inactive Diver Program, and conduct the knowledge Quest review in the Open Water Diver Course. With some additional training, you could go on to teach the following SDI courses:
- Altitude Diver
- Boat Diver
- Computer Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Marine Ecosystems Awareness Diver
- Shore/Beach Diver
- Underwater Photographer Diver
- Underwater Video Diver
- Visual Inspection Procedures
- CPROX Administrator
- CPR1st Administrator
Dive Master Requirements must be met
Personal Dive Computer, Leadership Manual, Leadership Manual Instructor Guide, Instructor Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, SDI Standards and Procedures Manual, Confined Water, open water slates, Rescue Diver slates, current Log Book, Open Water Diver Manual, Specialty Manuals, Rescue Diver Manual
$400 Includes Processing Fees. Course Materials extra.
Combine with Dive Master for only $250
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It's a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
View the Instructor Development Calendar
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Want a fun and exciting career!
What materials are needed?
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Adventures in Diving Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Your current Log Book
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Manual-"A.W.A.R.E. Our World-Our Water"
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner: both RDP table & e-RDP-ML and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
$500 Includes Processing fees. Materials Extra
Email Us or Call Us at 1-815-267-8400 to Signup Today.