Designed in 2004 by XS Scuba, these hot-dip galvanized cylinders are manufactured in North America by Worthington Cylinders. The Worthington Cylinders Corp. is already the world's largest supplier of industrial steel cylinders, and has is becoming the market leader in SCUBA steel cylinders.
All 15 sizes of the Worthington steel cylinders are now in stock and shipping from our southern California warehouse.
There are three different "Series" of steel cylinders available. The most popular are high-pressure X-Series™ cylinders, as they offer the most air in the smallest size cylinders. The next is the low-pressure LP-Series™ cylinders which offer lower fill pressures, making them ideal for dive boats and many air compressors. Recently, a final "Series" was added by developing the new Pony-Series™ of small, backup-sized cylinders ranging from 13 to 40 cubic feet in size.
The exterior of all XS Scuba steel cylinders are hot-dip galvanized. This highly-demanded and preferred finish is utilized on all Worthington steel cylinders offered by XS Scuba. Don't be misled by claims from companies distributing steel cylinders with painted exteriors. There is no better process to protect a steel cylinder from rust and corrosion than hot-dip galvinization!
Low Pressure - 2400+ psi service pressure
Five different models, Two different diameters
- Hot-dip galvanized exterior finish
- Chromium Molybdenum steel construction
- "Plus" rated for 10% overfill to 2640 psi
- Compressor-friendly, lower pressure
- Standard "Yoke Style" Thermo PRO valve
- Inlet thread is standard 3/4"-14 NPSM
- Traditional, proven design
- Negatively buoyant throughout the dive
- Manufactured to DOT 3AA standard
- Meets Canadian TC3AAM specifications
Worthington HYDRO Procedures